Friday, September 30, 2011

One of those days

Where really, previously, I would have gone back to bed. Taken the little one to preschool, home and straight to bed. Because of the rain, the cold, the wind, the general ick factor.

and I have always thought...if the schedule wasn't exactly as I had planned, it just wasn't worth doing. But I know now that's not true. So what if I don't run til 11 a.m.? or shower until after I pick her up from preschool? Or I get up late? or I have breakfast at noon? or stay up late watching a Chopped marathon on the Food Network til midnight and miss my bedtime of 10:30 ? (um, yeah, that's happened a few times)

It's not ideal but it really shouldn't stand in the way of happiness.

I'm sure we have all heard, that being on a schedule is good. Routines help us function better! Get up and go to bed at the same time every day, you'll function better. Exercise first thing in the morning, it will get your day off on the right foot!

And all that is true, really. But if it doesn't happen, should we just throw the day away, curl back up in a ball and wait for the next day to start over?

Nah. But that's what I would have done before. Previously. But not now. I will not! It's raining, and I'm going to go run in it.. And I'm going to be happy in it. And it's all going to be fine. I'm going to be thankful for the rain, as I was thankful for the perfect sunny, 70 degree day yesterday.

and if I ever get that routine down, the one that I've practiced for 30-odd years....I'll be thankful for the days I have it, and forgive myself on the days I don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment