Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fifteen years and counting

I can't say that he and I have had a perfect marriage. We have argued more times than I would like, definitely, and I have gotten annoyed more times than I should have, for sure. But 15 years ago today, we made a commitment, and I have not regretted it. Not for long, anyway. ;-)

There have been a few angry and frustrated times I've felt like what have I done? And that first year was sort of hard, we had a lot of growing up to do.

(oh, who am I kidding? we still have a lot of growing up to do)

but I love the man and he is a great father and a great husband and loves God and works so hard for us. And I have him. I don't have to wonder who I'll end up with or worry I'll be lonely. And with him I never have to wonder if he'll be faithful because I just know.

(and it helps that he makes me laugh like no one else ever could, and he brings me flowers just because I "deserve" them, and he doesn't like obnoxious music or annoying sports like wrestling or racing)

So it's been a sort of crazy, chaotic sort of 15 years, with 4 kids thrown into the mix, and all that we've been through.

But I'm grateful for him. And blessed by him in so many ways. And looking forward to the next chapter of our lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment